[DGD] Atomics

Keith Dunwoody keithdunwoody at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 05:13:36 CEST 2002

I realize the purpose of atomic errors is to make all
changes made by a function undone if an error is
thrown within that function, however...

I am trying to use atomic_error() to log the portion
of the stack trace which occur within an atomic
function.  Unfortunately, atomic_error() also seems to
be called from within an atomic function, which means
I can't write to a log file from within this function,
I can't set any variables to indicate to a future
function what I want logged (the variables get rolled
back when the atomic exits), and I can't callout to
write to the log file within the atomic (because the
callout will be removed when the atomic exits).

Is there any way I can write data from atomic_error()
to a log, or do I have to use DRIVER->message() to
write it to stderr?

Thanks,
-- Keith