[DGD] (no subject)

Joshua P. Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Mon Sep 9 22:22:00 CEST 2002

Tom broker wrote:
> where can i go about learning to code using dgd, i tried some mudlibs
> like tmi but the code doesnt work.

TMI won't work out-of-the-box on any version of DGD, unless there's a
port that I don't know about.  You'll want to start with a mudlib
designed for DGD.  The DGD FAQ is a good place to get some background
information, including links to a few starter libs.  You'll find it at:

     http://dgd.is-here.com/dgd/faq/

Depending on your technical skill, reading through the kernel mudlib can
be very enlightening; consider it the reference implementation of a
mudlib-to-DGD interface.  It doesn't have rooms, inventories, etc., but
it can answer many questions.

The archives of this list are also an excellent resource, if you take
the time to search through them.

Do not use the 2.4.5 simulation as the basis for further development,
even if you know the 2.4.5 way of doing things already.  You will regret
it.  Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but somdeday, and for the rest of
your life.  (I'll stop the cheesy quotes now)

   -Zot