[DGD] Database support (mysql)

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Mon Sep 23 18:14:46 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 08:06:41AM +0200, Michael Bergbauer wrote:
> On Mon Sep 23, 2002 at 08:0357AM +0930, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 02:35:48PM +0200, Vladimir I. Lazarenko wrote:
> > > Good day.
> > >
> > > Has anyone ever made something like *sql support for DGD?
> > > mysql for instance.
>
> I have some patch (at least I hope I can retrieve a patch) towards 1.1.70
> that proved to be quite stable. But there would be a lot of work to do to
> be able to use it with 1.2, as you have to make it atomic-aware.
>
> > I did a set of kfuns for 1.1 at one point that allowed gdbm access.
> > For MySQL you might be better off porting the networking kfuns forward
> > to the current release and then writing LPC to connect to MySQL via
> > a socket.
>
> Hmm, I don't think thats a good idea, as the MySQL-protocol itself is
> quite complex.

But you say that your patch also requires a lot of work to get it up to
scratch for 1.2 :).  At least if you're doing it in LPC you can reasonably
expect that once you have it working it will continue to work without you
having to track the driver as much.  I can see cases for doing things both
ways though.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com