[DGD] Running a DGD mud on Linux

Noah Lee Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Fri Apr 4 21:11:54 CEST 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Jay Shaffstall wrote:
> On a related note, if you were going to support something like MCP or one
> of the other mud protocols that uses telnet option negotiation to activate,
> would you need to completely rewrite the standard telnet option negotiation
> as well?  Seems like it would be nice to be able to use the option handling
> already in DGD and extend it via LPC.

  I agree with Felix, after a quick look through the code.  But you
*would* want to make your LPC implementation easily extendable to other
people.
  I may work on this, but it's not yet on the immediate schedule.  The
last couple of Phantasmal things I've worked on have been harder than
expected so I'm pretty focused on the basic stuff for release 0.014 at the
moment.

  It *would* be cool to have full zMud support, though.  They have
protocols that allow some nifty things.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!