[DGD] Running a DGD mud on Linux

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Fri Apr 4 20:44:44 CEST 2003

> > idea of querying it (finally, a use for the binary port!) periodically
> is a
> > great one.
>
>   Thanks.  But I hope you're aware that, just on principle, I'm gonna have
>to take exception to what you said in parens there :-)

Heh...not a problem.  I should have more accurately said, "finally, a use
for which I'm willing to use the binary port".  ;-)

On a related note, if you were going to support something like MCP or one
of the other mud protocols that uses telnet option negotiation to activate,
would you need to completely rewrite the standard telnet option negotiation
as well?  Seems like it would be nice to be able to use the option handling
already in DGD and extend it via LPC.

Jay