[DGD] DGD n00bie Question #1

Martyn Ashworth m.ashworth at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Aug 24 14:12:38 CEST 2003

<NOOB>

Hello to all good people (and bad, we all have our part to play).

Have been playing around with DGD for a few months and have started to write
various pieces of code which i am now trying to modularise and prettify so
that i can understand what i'm doing.

However, i'm having a problem with something similar to this:-

(FILE /mud/usr/System/sys/example.c)
+TOF+
/*decleration*/
void test_me_please(int cheese);

/**/
void test_me_please(int cheese) { ..some bogus code proven to work
elsewhere.. }
+EOF+

(FILE /mud/usr/System/initd.c)
*snip*

#define TEST "/mud/usr/System/sys/example.c"

*snip*

if(!find_object(TEST)) { compile_object(TEST); }
TEST->test_me_please(1);

*snip*

-+-

if i run the driver i get an error :-

*snip*
Bad argument 1 for kfun call_other
Config error: initialization failed
*snip*

if i remove the line "TEST->test_me_please(1);" the driver loads
succesfully.

Anybody advise on what (if anything) maybe wrong with what i have done here?

</NOOB>

-=[MJ]=-
Blessing Bovine Entities Since 1977.