[DGD] DGD & Simulations

Dannic dannic at orpgs.com
Mon Feb 3 16:32:39 CET 2003

"Alex" wrote:

> Another possibility for excluding "standard" clients
> (my situation) -
> Having your server mounted behind a firewall which
only
> allows incoming
> traffic over smtp, http, and ssh ports.
> You can set up a "dynamic webpage" type client, or you
> can set up a
> forwarded "shell" account (which only forwards to the
> local mud telnet
> port), either through their favorite ssh client, or
> through a web applet
> like (<a
href="http://mail.orpgs.com/jump/http://javassh.org">http://javassh.org</a>/).

Right.  It is an option.

What I am trying to get across is that there are other
ways of doing what is being discussed which do not need
specilized clients or knowledge of java.  I do  not
want people to get the wrong idea that this can't be
done unless you do this as a dynamic web page.  There
are telnet clients which can handle the graphics and
frames.  Only two I am currently aware of but they do
work.

Maybe getting both in place might even be an option.

Ever Play an online game?  Like to RP?

Visit

Online Role Playing Games
http://www.orpgs.com

for your source of information about Online games.