[DGD] String handling

Maarten Goudsmit m_goudsmit at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 11:41:49 CET 2003

Thanks for all the good replies. My opinion on the subject is that as long as you don't use the snippets you "borrowed" commercially, everyone is free to use them. The MUD community, after all, completely relies on open source for its inspiration.

Now, to my question: is there a good tutorial somewhere for string handling? I've been wrestling with the sscanf() function for a few days, but I can't seem to get it under control... I'm trying to build some sort of manager to fit messages into a certain screen width. Maybe not just for using in my MUDLib, but also as programming practice.

Can anyone help me out,

Maarten