SV: [DGD] Problems with PC/MAC

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Tue Feb 18 20:12:02 CET 2003

"Rickard Nilsson" <mysticum at home.se> wrote:

> I run Windows XP and I have turned off my personal firewall.
>
> And other people can connect to my MUD, not just him with the Mac
> computer. The strange thing is that if I start my FTP-server at the very
> same port he can connect sucessfully, and he can even connect to other
> MUD's as well.

I see now where I misunderstood your original posting.

Probably, your friend's MUD client is at fault.  You can test this
hypothesis by logging every incoming connection, not just every login,
with the IP number involved.  If your friend's IP number does show up,
he can connect but his client does not make it through the login
sequence.

This would involve adding something like the following to logon() in
/obj/player.c:

    log_file("ENTER", "Connection from " + query_ip_number(this_object()) +
	     "\n");