[DGD] Commercial Licenses?

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Feb 20 22:14:01 CET 2003

Alan Wood <alan_wood at yahoo.com> wrote:

> DGD is mentioned as one of the few mud servers that
> can be used commercially.

You may also want to check out the Cold server, which is open source.

> There is some confusion on my side who to contact in
> regards to this.  The readme states that after 2001
> the rights reverted back to BeeHive, but the websites
> state that Skotos (sp?) still have rights.
>
> Can anyone clear this up?

DGD was originally licensed to a company which has since gone bankrupt.
Skotos was a sublicensee of this company, and is itself capable of
sublicensing.

DGD can also be licensed from BeeHive Technologies, the copyright
holder.  The person who deals with email enquiries can be a bit slow,
but you'll get an answer :)  The license is not cheap, $2000/year for
non-commercial organizations (with a number of restrictions), and
$100,000 a year for full commercial use.

I am aiming DGD at the market for large commercial MUD middleware.