[DGD] call_out delay

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Fri Feb 21 21:52:43 CET 2003

  That's weird, and not normal specified behavior.  Has he checked to make
sure his system clock is reasonable?

  Normally a call_out happens after the specified integer number of
seconds, plus a small delay.  Usually, a very small delay.  There's more
in the mailing list archive about this.  Here's what I have on my web site
on the topic:

  From
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/DGD_LPC_Ref.html#CalloutTiming":

If you start two callouts with a 5 second delay immediately after each
other, they could be executed in any order. However, they <will> both
be executed before a callout delayed for 6 seconds.

This is also the case for long-term (>= 128 seconds) and millisecond
callouts.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!