[DGD] Specific code-license question, DGD server

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Thu Feb 27 01:27:07 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Stephen Schmidt wrote:
> I have faced this issue with Melville, [...]
> My solution has been to require that
> users have a DGD commercial license.

  I was curious about the Melville license.  It seemed a little odd,
especially given that Melville seemed to be kind of a beginner
library.  Now I know.

  On the plus side, the information I'd be getting from the DGD server is
relatively widely available -- telnet option handling isn't black
magic.  So I may just get the information elsewhere.  A quick skim through
DGD's code suggests that it only handles a very few of the options, so
that should be pretty quick to replicate if I do wind up doing it.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!