[DGD] save_object()

Jamin Vander Berg jaminv at softhome.net
Wed Jan 15 02:52:55 CET 2003

The function save_object() does not seem to be working for me, and seems ill-documented, so I'm not sure if I'm calling it right.

I have a player object linked to my user object and the player object inherits living, which holds all the *stats* for a living object. Obviously, when saving a user, I would like to save the player object along side of it, but this does not seem to be working.

When I call:

player->save_object(SYSTEM_USER_DIR + "/" + name);

nothing happens. No file is created, no error is given. Nothing happens. For the record, this is called from inside the system user object ("/usr/System/obj/user.c") which has access to the SYSTEM_USER_DIR, obviously, as it saves the user object just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--jaminv