[DGD] Melville - Attention: Stephen Schmidt

Vampyr Twilight vampyr at fragments.net
Mon Jan 20 01:16:31 CET 2003

I'm looking at the room.c which in turn inherits container.c which in turn
inherits object.c.
I would like to be able to add the ability to add extraneous item
descriptions to "objects"
that are listed in the room description, but aren't really objects that can
be manipulated.

No where in here do I see something of the funcationality of:

    add_item( ({ "gate", "large gate" }),
    "The gate towers above you.  It's rusted bars reach from the earth to
the sky tipped with \n"
    + "rusty spear heads as if to pierce the heavens in their
ignorance..\n");

I'm wondering what would be the most effcient way to add this.   Would I add
the functionality
into the object.c inhertiable, and then modify the look command to search
for that mapping, or
am I making this more difficult then it needs to be?

    Thanks,
    V. Twilight ;.,