[DGD] DGD & Simulations II

Christopher Darque thedarque at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 23:43:29 CET 2003

Erwin wrote:

>It won't be needed for DGD.  The swapping in and out of objects of
> any kind is completely invisible to the actual LPC programmer.

Ok, so DGD is not going to be a whole lot better in that respect for
my style of design. But I am sure the memory improvements in other
aspects will be helpful.

Nothing new to be looking at the actual size of a room with my code
with an eye towards making it as compact as possible. If for example
I do a planet that is 100x50 'rooms' in size, and each file is 2K or
so in size I believe that is about 10MB of RAM. If each 'room' takes
about 10 mins to cross then 100 would be 17 hours or so, big enough
for the explorers.

> 2) Since I use a lot of ASCII graphics the style and efficiency of
>I gather you may be talking about ANSI (colour), not ASCII?  Not
>something I've worked with myself so I can't help you there, but I'm
>sure there are some ideas floating around here.

Heh, well to me ANSI color means the specialized character set that
BBSs used to make use of. I really miss the different levels of
shaded blocks for example. But yes I do mean ANSI color, with the
standard ASCII character set that any telnet terminal can handle.

A.T
(-)