[DGD] Memory usage in 1.2p2

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Mar 13 23:50:23 CET 2003

<tavise at nwlink.com> wrote:

>[...]
> So now I will apologize for wasting peoples' time and bite the bullet and
> implement this functionality as a driver extension using the supported
> APIs provided by DGD.  The entire purpose is to expose the regular
> expression functions the editor used internally by the driver as a set of
> kfuns.

Or you can try to bite an even bigger bullet, and re-implement the
regular expression functionality using parse_string().  That is not
just possible, it should also be more efficient for long/frequent
searches.

This could be done through a central object which, using parse_string(),
compiles regular expressions into a valid string parser grammar, which
is then used in the object that called the regular expression function.
A simple way to start would be to use parse_string()'s own regular
expressions for tokens.