[DGD] Hooks

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Mon Mar 17 03:26:04 CET 2003

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Ben Chambers wrote:
> 1) in inherit_program, the file named in <file> is inheritting the program
> named in <program>, right?

  Yes.

> 2) The telnet_connect() and binary_connect() seem to suggest that these are
> the only two ports that DGD can use.  Is this true?  What if I wanted to set
> up a builder port or a ftp daemon?

  Actually, there are only two *types* of port that DGD can use.  Telnet
ports do telnet option filtering and transmit only reasonable ASCII values
out.  Binary ports don't make any assumptions about what's on the far
end.  A builder port would probably be in text and be a telnet port.  An
FTP daemon (passive-only, no outgoing connections allowed!) would be
binary.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!