[DGD] Multithreaded Version

Ben Chambers bjchamb at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 19 05:02:04 CET 2003

   In the new version of the kernel, several of the functions that I have
been looking at have added a tls variable.  I assume this is thread local
stack and pertains to the multi-threaded version of DGD.  I haven't really
seen much of an explanation of what this is or how it works and what effects
it will have on the code that is written.  Since I'm writing my Mudlib from
scratch I was wondering what effect this will have on the connection objects
(that is the main place I saw differences) that I need to write.

Thanks