[DGD] Call_out question

Noah Lee Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Fri Mar 21 04:28:12 CET 2003

  Hey, folks.  I'm having a very odd problem.

  In a function called by initd, I'm scheduling a call_out.  The
call_out() call returns 1, so it's valid.  I supplied 0 for the time so it
should occur immediately after the initial thread is done.

  I put a logging statement at the beginning of the function that would be
called, so I've verified that it's never called.  That's not the odd
thing, though.  The odd thing is that I can't telnet to the server if I
try to schedule that call_out -- it appears hung.  I can comment out just
the line with the call_out and I get access just fine.  I can leave the
line in and I don't get a prompt when I telnet in.  The port is being
opened, telnet connects.  I just don't get any output in response.

  As I say, I can comment out the line entirely so I don't need the
call_out to succeed in order to start up.  And I've put the logging
statement in, so I know it's not calling the function anyway.  I'm also
not calling suspend_system in the usual places -- only call_out.

  Anybody know what's up with this?

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!