[DGD] Call_out question

Noah Lee Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Fri Mar 21 23:40:35 CET 2003

  This just keeps getting weirder.  I've put a DRIVER->message() call into
the Kernel Library's _F_callout() function.  I tested it and it does, in
fact, give a message on every call_out.  Fine.  I put a DRIVER->message()
at the end of initd.c's create() function so I know it's going off the end
of that.
  I put log messages in to make sure I'm scheduling call_outs
successfully.  I am.  Weirdly, DRIVER->message() isn't showing up, but my
LOGD->write_syslog() call is happening just fine, so I know I'm scheduling
both call_outs, and they both(!) have a call_out handle of 1.  Shouldn't
they be different from each other?  I'm pretty sure they're both active
at once.
  But it turns out that it *is* accepting telnet connections eventually...
It's just that there's a *very* long delay before that happens, and before
any of the call_outs happen.  But only if I schedule the call_outs.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!