[DGD] ansi patch dont' work for 1.2p3

Kirk Smith ksmith at illiji.net
Sun Nov 9 15:45:50 CET 2003

The patch you're using was designed for much earlier versions of DGD, so it
won't work. Rather then describe the process in detail, I'd suggest following
the directions for allowing ansi codes to pass through from Noah's page.

http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/DGD_Config.html#ANSIColor

Keep in mind that this only allows DGD to send color codes; You'll likely want
to write some code to make it easy for people to take advantage of that, since
putting ANSI codes in your objects is less then exciting (and not very safe).

> Hi,
>
> if I try to apply the patch in ansi-1.1.tar.gz it refuses point blank.
> Its likely that I'm the problem here, I simply tried (in the src dir) patch
> comm.c dgd.ansi.comm.pat
> Also, its hard to patch host when its a directory :-)
> So, what I can do to get color into my world?
> many thanks,
>
> Cinnamon, the utter novice

[question]# /(bb|[^b]{2})/