[DGD] Static functions, static AUTO functions, access

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 04:48:25 CET 2003

  I'm trying to use the Kernel Library's
path_special() functionality to implement scripts.
The idea is that objects under any /usr/foo/script/
directory will get a different AUTO object than usual,
and that AUTO object will be highly restricted in what
it allows.  This prevents things like read_file and
write_file, of course, but also things like
find_object() to most objects outside the script
directories.

  I know that static AUTO functions in the actual AUTO
object are special, and act as built-ins.  I expect
that static functions in the extra AUTO object don't
work that way since they're a more normal kind of
include.

  Will this work for actual security, as long as I
mask every static function in the AUTO object?  Or is
there some way that a script object can get around
this technique and access the normal functions?

=====
------
noah_gibbs at yahoo.com