[DGD] Re: First of many methodology questions

nihilxaos at nihilxaos.com nihilxaos at nihilxaos.com
Thu Oct 16 20:43:55 CEST 2003

Ok. So the biggest part of what I'm getting is aside from the limits set
on the numbers of functions in objects the main difference is going to be
on maintainability instead of actual system performance. That makes a lot
of sense given modern computer hardware after all.

I'm definitely leaning more towards splitting things up into groups based
on some classification scheme or another. Good stuff to know.

The limits on the numbers of functions in objects does concren me to some
extent, though usually I'm more into keeping functions fewer and more
robust based on my own general programming style so I doubt I'll be
running into too much of that.

Along the lines of performance questions, though, is there any sort of
trace or profiling functionality in DGD or do we have to optimize things
completely by hand?