[DGD] Re: sprintf

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 1 23:14:16 CEST 2004

 --- Robert Forshaw <iouswuoibev at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >I checked out Abigails before as well, but comparitively its nearly 40KB
> >and
> >spread over 8 files, 5 .h's and 3 .c's and the other is 17KB and one
> >selfcontained .c, as far as I could tell from testing they both appeared
> >have similiar functionality.
>
> On the other hand, the code in Abigails is better formatted (although still
>
> looking rather condensed). I'm having trouble understanding the code in
> either one, guess it will take some reading. It looks rather costly in CPU
> as well. Pity there isn't a binary version. Thanks for the suggestions.

I think (though I may be in the minority) that one of DGD's few downfalls is
the lack of understanding in how to go about doing a driver extension. In
other LPC sources it wouldn't seem to be as much of an undertaking. It would
seem that if there was a greater comprehension there, you'd find more binary
option/"addons" than just lpc-code thats frequently LIB dependant.
    Beyond that, just that a few of its great features, like LWO's and
parse_string dont get utilized in the KernelLib so one has to start from
scratch at getting an understanding of those.