[DGD] Clones and very large arrays

Robert Forshaw iouswuoibev at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 01:59:12 CEST 2004

What are the problems with having very large arrays? In my lib, every master
has an array containing a list of its clones. I expect the number of clones
for one particular object to be in the thousands, and potentially, tens to
hundreds of thousands. Are there any issues to be wary of with an array of
this size? Will it be CPU intensive to delete a single element in an array
of that size? (i.e. clones -= ({ a_clone_that_has_just_been_destructed })
when sizeof(clones) > 100000). If this kind of use of arrays is deprecated,
how should I keep a record of clones?