[DGD] modifying DGD

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 3 17:13:53 CEST 2004

 --- Ragnar Lonn <prl at gatorhole.se> wrote: > Hi all,

> Is there any documentation whatsoever, except for the source code, that
> describes DGD's guts for people who might want to modify it?
>
> Cheers,
>
>   /Ragnar

I did a modification which changes the directory structure KernelLIB will run
under, called reload.#.tar.gz
though the changes aren't documented as such, you could grep for the defines
in /include/krn.h which amount to almost all the changes.
It's available on dgd.illiji.net/downloads/mudlibs
and www.orpgs.com
Though if you mean the driver itself, I believe thats fairly undocumented as
such, and for most intents and purposes probably not recommended to modify to
any extent. I know its not even recommended to modify the Kernel heh.

Noah's phantasmal.sourceforge.com site is one of the better sources for
documentation on DGD, and believe is-here.com has some FAQ's and kfun docs.

If that helps at all, though neither of those document how/what to go about
changing the driver or kernel lib.