[DGD] Clones and very large arrays

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 3 20:21:42 CEST 2004

 --- Bart van Leeuwen <bart at wotf.org> wrote: >

> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Robert Forshaw wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry but I still don't understand the linked list concept. I thought
> > linked list was basically a chain of objects, each object having a prev
> and
> > next variable.
>
> Yes, thats exactly what you do. I didn't see the reason for usign a LWO
> for storing this info either, but you can do it that way.

The reason for using an LWO, is so that you don't have to swap in each object
when you want to go to traverse the 'next' or 'prev' just to get access to
that particular object's next/prev variables. The linked list could be a self
contained entity, and it was merely a suggestion that it could be done with a
LWO.

Zam.