[DGD] Re: yet another object manager question.. or two

Erwin Harte harte at is-here.com
Sat Apr 10 00:33:30 CEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 05:56:10PM -0400, Michael McKiel wrote:
[...]
> I think it would be fairly easy to 'hardcode' the defaults safely, if such
> was needed, but there are no dependancies, the files compiled pre-objectd
> are:
> FILE     Dependancy/Inherits
> auto     none
> driver   none
> objregd  none
> rsrcd    none
> initd    none
> objectd  none

You seem to be overlooking the indirect dependencies.  This is the
list I use for my object-db:

    DRIVER, AUTO,

    OBJREGD, RSRCD, RSRCOBJ, ACCESSD, USERD, SYS_INITD, LIB_USER,
    API_ACCESS, API_USER, API_RSRC, API_OBJREG, SYS_OBJECT, LIB_CONN,

    LIB_WIZTOOL,

    DEFAULT_WIZTOOL,

    TELNET_CONN, BINARY_CONN,

    DEFAULT_USER,

    SYS_OBJECTD

All #defines taken from the relevant /include/kernel/*.h files.

And this is the inherit information I'd use if I ever have to
cold-start again:

    private string *
    preloaded_inherits(string str)
    {
	switch (str) {
	case DRIVER:
	case AUTO:
	    return ({ });
	case OBJREGD:
	case RSRCD:
	case RSRCOBJ:
	case ACCESSD:
	case USERD:
	case SYS_INITD:
	case LIB_USER:
	case API_ACCESS:
	case API_USER:
	case API_RSRC:
	case API_OBJREG:
	case SYS_OBJECT:
	case LIB_CONN:
	    return ({ AUTO });
	case LIB_WIZTOOL:
	    return ({ API_ACCESS, API_USER, API_RSRC });
	case DEFAULT_WIZTOOL:
	    return ({ LIB_WIZTOOL });
	case TELNET_CONN:
	case BINARY_CONN:
	    return ({ LIB_CONN });
	case DEFAULT_USER:
	    return ({ API_ACCESS, API_USER, LIB_USER });
	case SYS_OBJECTD:
	    return ({ API_RSRC, API_OBJREG });
	default:
	    error("Internal error, missing preloaded_inherits() entry");
	}
    }

It's not difficult, but you don't want to miss any files, no. :-)

Cheers,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at is-here.com>