[DGD] objectD differences...

Mercy mercy at desolation.org
Fri Apr 16 06:02:27 CEST 2004

Hey guys,
I've had a bit of a play around trying to make a working object manager,
but as has been previously noted, it really is a non-trivial task. ;)
I'm still planning on making a custom object manager, but for the time
being, just so I dont lose interest in my project at large, I'm going to
use someone else's ObjectD.
I figure my options are more or less to use Noah Gibbs' or Geir Hansen's
objectDs.
Noah's would require a bit of effort to get working outside of
Phantasmal, from what I can tell, but seems to be more featureful.
Would I lose much by simply using Geir Hansen's object manager, given
that for the time being, full persistance really isnt a major concern
for me?
Are there any traps I should watch out for in using someone else's
object manager?
Thanks for your help with my previous questions, I'm running the latest
experimental version of DGD now, under Cygwin, have Phantasmal working
just fine and am itching to make something of my own.  I think getting
some code, other than an object manager, written, would help me test any
object manager I write for myself anyway, so it seems like a smart move.
Anyway, thanks again.
Mercy