[DGD] blocking the telnet port

Mercy mercy at desolation.org
Wed Apr 21 04:55:02 CEST 2004

Hi again,
Yet another question, I hope someone can answer it.. I hope it hasnt
already been asked, I did look through the archives to no avail, I
promise. ;)
I think I'll download a local copy of 'em today, though, they're a good
reference.
Annyway, I was just wondering if there's a way to block the telnet port,
under the Kernel Lib without making direct changes to the kernel itself.
You might wonder why I'd want to, so briefly, I intend to write a telnet
handler to run on the binary port, and rather than just ignoring the
existance of the open telnet port, I'd like to close it altogether.
I attempted a little hack where I'd close the connection once it was
made, providing it was made on the telnet port, after sending a message
informing the player to connect on the binary port.. but that's a little
nasty, imo.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mercy