[DGD] Re: blocking the telnet port

Erwin Harte harte at is-here.com
Wed Apr 21 05:28:45 CEST 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 12:55:02PM +1000, Mercy wrote:
[...]
> Annyway, I was just wondering if there's a way to block the telnet port,
> under the Kernel Lib without making direct changes to the kernel itself.
> You might wonder why I'd want to, so briefly, I intend to write a telnet
> handler to run on the binary port, and rather than just ignoring the
> existance of the open telnet port, I'd like to close it altogether.

In recent versions of DGD the 'telnet_port' entry in the configuration
file can be an integer or a mapping and as far as I remember you
should be able to make that an empty mapping, causing no telnet ports
to be opened at all.

>From the 1.2.72 Changelog diff:

+  - Config file change.  ({ 6047, 6048 }) for ports changed to a mapping in
+    which the address must also be specified: ([ "*":6047, "localhost":6048 ])

Hope that helps,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at is-here.com>