[DGD] [Melville] not listening for connections

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Sun Feb 1 06:32:31 CET 2004

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 dannic at orpgs.com wrote:
> If he hasn't altered anything to start out with I doubt it is mudlib related.

Your confidence is greatly appreciated :)

Although in truth, since Melville has been unaltered for quite
some time, I concur that this is probably not a problem with the
mudlib unless the driver has been configured in some unusual way
(like a high level of typechecking, although it shouldn't be
that because that would cause some kind of error report). I'd
look to see if there's something set in the driver that's different
from the vanilla settings that might be creating the problem.
Adding the network package is one such difference that might be
related, for instance. I think most people that use Melville
have not installed it (if you've got a use in mind that requires
the network package it probably requires a mudlib more sophisticated
than Melville too).

Steve