[DGD] Call for critique: LPC documentation

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Tue Feb 3 12:57:12 CET 2004

Noah Gibbs <noah_gibbs at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   If you're looking for a tutorial on DGD's LPC or you
> need to point somebody at one, please consider
> "http://phantasmal.sf.net/DGD/Book/html/".  It's new
> but (in my opinion) quite usable.

That looks very nice!  I appreciate all the effort you're putting
into this, Noah.

I have one criticism.  You're using the kernel library to teach
LPC to beginners, but the kernel library has some deliberately
chafing limitations because it is intended for people who will
hook in their own replacement code as soon as possible.  Perhaps
it would be better to use a more advanced mudlib for this, with
a slightly more forgiving command parser, even though it could
still be built upon the kernel library.