[DGD] Call for critique: LPC documentation

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 15:20:30 CET 2004

--- "Felix A. Croes" <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:
> I have one criticism.  You're using the kernel
> library to teach LPC to beginners,

  Yeah, this bugs me somewhat as well.  However, the
fact that it comes packaged with DGD is actually a
really strong argument in favor of using it.
Requiring people to do multiple steps of installation
(or requiring me to keep a package updated for the
foreseeable future for all platforms) is less
attractive.

  I could use Phantasmal, which is the only other
MUDlib I know that allows evaluation of arbitrary
expressions on the command line (very useful, that!).
But Phantasmal gets at least as much flak as the
Kernel Library about being hard to use, even if it's
more complete in and of itself.

=====
------
noah_gibbs at yahoo.com