[DGD] Windows DgdBuild using .Net

John Ruiz jruiz at johnruiz.com
Thu Feb 5 04:03:49 CET 2004

I wasn't able to build in VS.NET on XP either.  I got errors and this
warning which showed up in my build logs:

MainFrame.cpp
 WINVER not defined. Defaulting to 0x0501 (Windows XP and Windows .NET
Server)

Which I think then [somehow] led to the 2 actual errors I got:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\include\process.h(115): error C2381: 'dgd_abort' : redefinition;
__declspec(noreturn) differs

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\include\process.h(116): error C2381: 'dgd_exit' : redefinition;
__declspec(noreturn) differs
        d:\projects\mud\dgd\src\host.h(104) : see declaration of 'dgd_exit'

Of course, firing up VC6 and compiling there works just fine, which is why
my suspicion is that the inability of the compiler to define WINVER is
leading to the erroneous inclusion of code which is redefining the two above
definitions.  But I could be totally wrong.

-John