[DGD] Greetings, and a couple of small questions

Steve Wooster swooster at xprt.net
Sat Feb 7 05:05:16 CET 2004

     Hi, my name is Steve Wooster. I used to code for an LPmud running on
MudOS, called The Two Towers. I'm mostly interested in DGD as a way to have
fun attempting to make a mudlib from scratch, though I'm not really
planning on running a mud anytime in the near future. I've been listening
to this list for a month or two, and I've read through some of the messages
in the archives on the website. Just like most people joining this list,
I'm amazed by the quality of the messages here. :)

I had a couple of questions...

1. Is there a reason why the Klib separates clonables/libraries/etc based
on directories rather than file extensions? (for example, why not have
inheritables be /path/obj.i and clonables be /path/obj.c?)

2. Would it be difficult or a bad idea for DGD to have some kind of
immediate_call_out("func") function that's like call_out("func",0), but
makes sure the new thread is the next one called? It seems like many people
have talked about making code that requires multiple consecutive threads,
and they have to go through a lot of trouble by suspending call_outs and
blocking user input. I just figured something like this would make all that
work unnecessary.

I've just been wondering about those two things. My apologies if they've
already been asked. Thanks for any replies. :)

-Steve