[DGD] Greetings, and a couple of small questions

Petter Nystr|m md1pette at mdstud.chalmers.se
Sat Feb 7 09:44:11 CET 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Steve Wooster wrote:

> 1. Is there a reason why the Klib separates clonables/libraries/etc based
> on directories rather than file extensions? (for example, why not have
> inheritables be /path/obj.i and clonables be /path/obj.c?)

The DGD kfun compile_object() will only compile files with the .c suffix,
so it would be a hassle to change that standard - having inheritables
ending with .i, etc..  You could do it, I guess, reading .i source files
to a string and pass it to the source vararg of compile_object().  But I
would question the sensibility of doing that.  Or you could hack DGD
itself, but don't.

Petter