[DGD] Re: My idea for the DGD driver - validate

Steve Foley zeppo1 at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 12 22:55:52 CET 2004

From: "Robert Forshaw" <iouswuoibev at hotmail.com

> a function, or all functions. The feature is supposed to allow you to
decide
> what objects can call the functions in an object, (or you can in fact
decide
> whether the functions can be called on any expression, its entirely up to
> you what goes in the validate function) in a very compact way, without
the
> need to perform individual checks at the beginning of each and every
> function, which is both tedious and prone to human error.

Couldn't you override call_other in the AUTO to call this security function
of yours and get the same result?  Granted, you'd need to write that
validate function in each object, and you'd be imposing a small cost on all
call_others (the large majority of which likely won't be giving rise to
security concerns), but this would meet your requirements, wouldn't it?