[DGD] Re: My idea for the DGD driver - validate

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 07:02:21 CET 2004

--- Robert Forshaw <iouswuoibev at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry your reading comprehension isn't good enough.
> Nice insult by the way.

  You're working hard to alienate the list again.  Just so it's been
mentioned.

  We consider most individual pieces of trivia to be separately
obscure.  For instance, you didn't know that the -> operator is just a
macro for call_other(), and we figured that was okay.  It's obscure.
Similarly, we didn't necessarily assume you had static and private
figured out.  They're individually obscure.  Thus, Stephen had a point
when he said that wasn't fully obvious to him.

  It turns out that we don't all know what trivia you've memorized and
what you haven't.  And we're not likely to worry too much about it,
we'll just mention stuff as it seems relevant.  You're welcome to be
insulted by that, but if you get hostile about it then people will
write posts like the one I'm writing (addressing your style and
rudeness) more often, and posts that actually help you less often.

> >The fact that static is in fact quite applicable to your post
> >could only confirm the non-obviousness of the earlier conclusion.
>
> I don't care about it. Please stay on topic.

  He is on topic.  At least, he's on the topic you set.

=====