[DGD] Kernel Lib, creator & owner

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 27 11:04:21 CET 2004

As far as I can tell, from various testing, it appears that the variables in
the Kernel lib's auto.c 'creator' and 'owner' will always be the same?

I tested with making /usr/admin/blah.c
and adding query_creator()  { return creator; } to auto.c

compiled blah, and checked the return values of
query_owner() & query_creator(), as well as doing a find_object to locate the
driver and performing a call on driver->object_name(blah)
they all returned "admin" strings.

Then I tested on myself, ie kernel/obj/user#21
and query_owner(), my added query_creator(), and checking driver->creator
again all returned "System"

So...are there any instances where the variables owner & creator in the
auto.c will actually be different? or the driver's creator() return a
differing string? ... and if not why have 2 variables that don't differ?

I'm sure I'm missing something, so could anyone enlighten me? :)