[DGD] Kernel LIB's Invisible Callouts

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 28 16:35:22 CET 2004

 --- "Felix A. Croes" <felix at dworkin.nl>

> Who are you asking?  You changed it, it's your own mudlib now :)  If

*grin* well Yeah...but I couldn't proceed til I knew why all the Kernel's
call_out's were 'invisible' to status() ;)

> you don't want callouts in /k objects to be invisible, make them
> visible.  They are not visible in the kernel library because /kernel
> objects are in a class of themselves, and should definitely <not> mix
> with other objects.
>
> You will have to do some conversion, though, since callouts in
> kernel objects have a different argument format; they don't pass
> through the _F_callout wrapper.

At first I didn't think that helped, but did some grep'ing and found that the
only kernel objects that do call_out's are rsrc.c and rsrcd.c, and they're
the only objects prevented from using the _F_callout wrapper:
due to (in auto.c's call_out) :
    if ( DIR_RSRC(oname) ) {
    /* direct callouts for resource management objects */
    return ::call_out(function, delay, args...);
    }

where, #define DIR_RSRC(f) sscanf(f, "/k/%*s/rsrc") != 0

So I don't have to prevent status() from displaying call_out's in all objects
that are/could be/ considered "Kernel" just 'DIR_RSRC' ones.

So...security here I come :), Thank ye.