[DGD] #Including code.

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 07:26:36 CET 2004

--- Robert Forshaw <iouswuoibev at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not talking about what is possible,
> but what is the 'correct' thing to do.

  This is like asking about etiquette in using 'goto'.
 Style nazis (those who set these rules) would
cheerfully tell you that the only correct thing is not
to do it.

  Code in a header file and code in a header directory
(the two alternatives you mention) are similarly bad.
Neither is all that awful, neither is good, neither is
much worse than the other.

  If you're *really* worried about precedent, some old
C++ programs put code in the headers for inline member
functions.  I suppose that could mean that code in a
header is tolerable, so maybe you should end your
filename in .h.

  But if you're asking what you 'should' do, the
answer is that you shouldn't.

=====
------
noah_gibbs at yahoo.com