[DGD] Re: Recursion in recompile(), is this correct?

Robert Forshaw iouswuoibev at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 23:56:25 CET 2004

>From: Erwin Harte <harte at is-here.com>
>- You repeatedly ask questions which could be answered by researching
>   the available resources.

True.

>- You frequently ignored the (correct) answers that were given.

Not true. I've tried very hard to understand what was being said and if I
don't get it the first time round then execuse me for not being up to your
standards.

>- You insult the members of this list that volunteer their time.

If I have offended you specifically, say where and I'll apologise if an
apology is warranted. I think you should let everyone else speak for
themselves as to whether I've insulted them or not. If anyone else finds me
asking questions that they are under no pressure to answer and I am quite
happy to have them ignore offensive, I will stop. So far, nobody has done
so. For what its worth, I haven't meant offense to anyone on this list.

>You obviously are not interested in actually learning something,

That a preposterous thing to say. Some of the advice on this list has been
of significant help to me, including (I think) yours. I am writing a mudlib.
I have had problems. I have had questions. What exactly are you basing this
statement on? If I didn't acknowledge your help then I apologise; I don't
always keep track of who says what.

>   just want pre-chewed answers to all your questions.

I want answers wherever they may be found. The 'pre-chewed' bit is
irrelevent. If you don't wish to help, don't. Is that notion really
offensive to you? I don't know where you get this idea that I'm being rude.
I've been civil with everyone here. I'm not wasting your time since you
don't have to answer any of my questions. If you decide to answer then its
because you want to. Why else would you?