[DGD] List etiquette

Bart van Leeuwen bart at wotf.org
Mon Jan 12 23:00:02 CET 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Noah Gibbs wrote:

>   We could use a decent search engine index of the
> mailing list.  But I'm not sure how to do that.  I'm
> not really a web guy, I've just learned the basics in
> order to maintain the Phantasmal site.

Get it on a website and get google to index it ;)

> > Maybe a forum would help.  Maybe not.
>
>   Somebody mentioned a Wiki, which is a pretty good
> idea.  Not sure who, if anybody, would contribute to
> it though.  That's the problem with a small group like
> this -- there are only so many potential documenters,
> so the trick is to get them to write stuff and then to
> organize it.  A Wiki is a little harder to check and
> requires a little more effort than email, so people
> usually prefer not to conduct discussions that way.

Hmm, given that the site it runs on is reasonably responsive and is
usable with a very minimal browser, I prefer discussing on a web based
forum myself (minimal as in lynx or a palmtop based browser)

Anyway, for what it is worth, I'd be willing to contribute to a wiki or
forum with some kind of frequency with new threads as well as my attempts
at explaining things ;P

Bart