[DGD] DGD Newbie

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Thu Jan 15 14:19:59 CET 2004

Hi Antony,

> 1) Always use a binary port, get rid of the telnet port completely, write
> telnet negotiation handling in the lib.

Hurray!

> 2) Allow outbound TCP connection from the mud for connectivity with other
> applications. (and in lib ftp server, and other security nightmares).

No vanilla version of DGD will give you this, unfortunately.

> The NET package only seems to apply against 1.1 DGD ?
> I'd much rather use the experimental version which allows multiple telnet
> or binary ports ? (I'm sure I read that somewhere).

I don't know if somebody's upgraded NET. Of course if you do use the NET
package, muptiple telnet/binary ports becomes irrelevant since you take
over port handling entirely.

> I would really like to use the experimental branch, though this would mean
> taking the current NET package and patching manualy and well my C isn't up
> to that I don't think ;)

Yeah, making NET work with atomic functions is not entirely trivial.

Good luck!

Zell