[DGD] DGD Newbie

Antony Riley antony at flamefew.net
Mon Jan 19 08:07:22 CET 2004

> > The NET package only seems to apply against 1.1 DGD ?
> > I'd much rather use the experimental version which allows multiple telnet
> > or binary ports ? (I'm sure I read that somewhere).
> >
> > I would really like to use the experimental branch, though this would mean
> > taking the current NET package and patching manualy and well my C isn't up
> > to that I don't think ;)
>
> Michael Bergbauer updated the networking package for DGD 1.2.  I have
> no idea if it still works with recent experimental releases.
>
> There are two versions of it, one for 1.2.37 and one for 1.2.p3.  Both
> are now on the ftp site, in /pub/dgd/pkg.
>
> Regards,
> Dworkin

Great, thanks.

I'm running my experiments against the latest patch + the NET package.

(So far) the only thing broken in the 1.2.37 version of the NET package is
that it calls comm_new with the wrong argments in a couple of places.

Though I've only tested the listening for a connection so far, so there
may be other bugs in it that I've yet to run up against.

Oh, and I found a possible bug/feature with p3 & experimental, if
gethostname() will not resolve (either via /etc/hosts or DNS), the driver
won't start up. (Though this maybe intentional and/or have been discussed
before). Mainly my own fault for not putting the hostname in /etc/hosts ;)

-Antony Riley