[DGD] DGD Newbie

Michael Bergbauer dgd at noname.franken.de
Mon Jan 19 09:14:45 CET 2004

On Mon Jan 19, 2004 at 07:0722AM +0000, Antony Riley wrote:
> I'm running my experiments against the latest patch + the NET package.
>
> (So far) the only thing broken in the 1.2.37 version of the NET package is
> that it calls comm_new with the wrong argments in a couple of places.

I'll have a look at it - hopefully later this week - and provide a new
patch.

> Though I've only tested the listening for a connection so far, so there
> may be other bugs in it that I've yet to run up against.
>
> Oh, and I found a possible bug/feature with p3 & experimental, if
> gethostname() will not resolve (either via /etc/hosts or DNS), the driver
> won't start up. (Though this maybe intentional and/or have been discussed
> before). Mainly my own fault for not putting the hostname in /etc/hosts ;)

Hmm, interesting. No, we didn't discuss this so far, and I don't think I
intended this behaviour. I'll have a look at that, too.

--
Michael Bergbauer <michael at noname.franken.de>
use your idle CPU cycles - See http://www.distributed.net for details.