[DGD] Alternatives to the Kernel model of security...

Josh Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Wed Jan 28 20:47:32 CET 2004

On Jan 28, 2004, at 1:55 PM, Noah Gibbs wrote:

>   I should find out how difficult/easy WebDAV is to
> use on Windows.  I'm definitely not thrilled about the
> idea of requiring a Linux user to install a kernel
> module to use existing editors...

Cadaver is essentially the classic ftp client that everyone has been
using for years, except that it speaks WebDAV and not FTP. I think that
it is in some of the major linux distributions already. Also, KDE and
Gnome are both teaching their file browsers about WebDAV, so soon (if
not already), Desktop Linux users should have roughly the simplicity of
MacOSX and Windows, as far as WebDAV is concerned.

P.S.: Note to Moderator -- I have to figure out why my mailreader keeps
trying to send list mail from a strange sender.

--
Joshua P. Dady