[DGD] Alternatives to the Kernel model of security...

Josh Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Wed Jan 28 21:22:55 CET 2004

On Jan 28, 2004, at 3:11 PM, Noah Gibbs wrote:

>   Sure, but again, there's a difference between
> "supported" and "supported well enough for random
> nontechnical users".

We prefer to point our clients at a WebDAV server over an FTP server.
There are fewer checkboxes to set wrong, it is better supported and
more functional out-of-the-box on more OSs (the only saving grace of
IE's built-in ftp client is that it is not the only FTP client out
there), and there aren't unrelated protocols masquerading under the
same name in the wild.

Our clients are less technical than your users. And maybe your cats. ;)

--
Joshua P. Dady