[DGD] Broken Pipe? yee gads

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Fri Jan 30 18:38:09 CET 2004

Michael McKiel <crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> We're running DGD 1.2.73 I believe is the latest
> patch.
> And TinyFugue 5 reported it as Broken Pipe.

I've never heard of a debugger called "TinyFugue 5".  Are you perhaps
talking about a problem in a completely different program?

> Tinyfuge 4, that I run, just showed closed connection.
> And the Broken Pipe, was when NOT run under GDB.

The remote debugging abilities of TinyFugue are certainly
amazing.

> I ran it through GDB to try and find out any
> where/why's since there's no actual error.
> I was and still am confused, why fixing up the code,
> so object/array/mappings/strings didn't reference nil.
> and varargs was inside the function parameters list.
> would cause broken pipes on telnet's in.
> When we add #define nil 0, to std.h
> and "typechecking = 0" in the bootfile. we can connect
> fine.

It doesn't cause broken pipes.  What it does cause is a typechecking
error in a critical driver.c function somewhere where no errors are
allowed.